Birth Control Start
The Student Health Center offers services, by appointment, for birth control start and counseling as well as abstinence support. While we counsel on all forms of contraceptives, we only prescribe oral contraceptives (The pill). A referral list of providers will be given as appropriate, to those requesting another form of contraceptive. We will also give a referral list to those in need of an extensive work up related to underlying circumstances. We ask that you allow 30 minutes for an appointment and come 10 minutes early to fill out a Women’s Health Previsit Form: Womens Health and History Previsit Form
Routine Gynecological Exam
Annual PAP smear before the age of 21 is no longer recommended by ACOG (American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology). If you are 21, you may schedule a routine women’s health examination with one of our providers. This involves breast and pelvic exams, Pap smear, and Gonorrhea/Chlamydia screening. This exam is by appointment only. If you are experiencing symptoms associated with your female anatomy, please call the Student Health Center to speak with a nurse. You will be advised over the phone or scheduled appropriately for an appointment.
If you are sexually active, we recommend annual Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing.
Any CHARGES associated with your visit will be billed to your student account or Eagle One card:
- Complete women’s health exam (PAP) $15
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea testing (urine or cervical swab) – one test/year no cost. Additional testing $10
- Birth control pills from Our Pharmacy. We carry various different birth control pills for approximately $8 per pack. (Students wishing to purchase birth control through the Health Center Pharmacy must receive their care and exams through the Women’s Clinic).
- Emergency contraception and counseling (Plan B), approximately $12 fee
- Pregnancy testing and counseling, $5 fee
- Nurse visit for birth control, no cost