After Hours Advice

If you become ill at night or on weekends when the SHC is closed you have several options:

Self-Care Room

The Mary Gilson Self-Care room is located on the first floor of Lee Hall. This is open during the hours that Lee Hall is open, and is stocked with common over-the-counter (OTC) medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), antacids, and ibuprofen (Advil) to help you treat yourself as you would at home. You may also access information such as:  What can I do for my own self-care?


After Health Center hours call the number to the SHC at 540-654-1040 (5pm to 8am) and you can connect with a registered nurse at Fonemed. There is no charge or cost to you for this call.  Please see our COVID 19 page for more information about testing options.


If your problem is more serious and needs immediate help, talk to your resident advisor.


Campus Police

If your problem is even more serious, call the campus police:

  • 540-654-1025 regular calls
  • 540-654-4444 emergencies