Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Campus Recreation at the University of Mary Washington. Our programs and services are available to students, staff, faculty, alumni, and their sponsored guests. Take a look around and find something that’s right for you! If you you would like to speak with a Campus Recreation staff member, please e-mail email@example.com or call 540-654-1732 during business hours.
In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the Fredericksburg area, UMW administration has made the decision to have all academic classes take place online, cancel all university programs and events, and encourage students to depart from campus, effective March 12 through May 15.
March 20, 2020 Update: To encourage social distancing, the UMW Fitness Center will be closed until at least May 15. Thank you for your understanding as we work to ensure the safety and well-being of our community. If you would like to reach the department, email communication (firstname.lastname@example.org) and social media (@ UMW Campus Rec) is best, as staff is working remotely.
The following UMW Campus Recreation programs and events are cancelled:
- Fitness classes
- Personal training
- Intramural sports
- Sport club practices, travel and hosting competitions
- Outdoor recreation trips
- Special events
- Jump Start Program
The Intro to Mindfulness & Meditation Course has been moved online for the remainder of the session. Please contact the instructor, Bill Brooks, for details.
- For a comprehensive list of ways to stay active, connected, and happy while social distancing, please check out our newest webpage titled “Virtual Resources”.
- View the current gym hours on our Facilities page.
- 2019-2020 Intramural and Group Fitness $10 passes are available to purchase NOW on our registration site: campusrec.umw.edu. Please note: Online transactions incur a 2.75% processing fee.
- New to the Fitness Center? Take a moment to check out our rules and guidelines here. Thanks in advance for your compliance!
- To all students: Your EagleONE ID is required to enter and pass through the Fitness Center.