“The UMW Student Health Center is dedicated to supporting the academic and co-curricular missions of the University of Mary Washington. By addressing the health needs of our students, the SHC enables students to participate as fully as possible in the classroom, our community and in its cultural activities.
We fulfill our mission by:
• Providing accessible, timely, primary care medical services to sick and injured students.
• Providing routine preventive services such as allergy shots, STD testing, physical exams, contraceptive, and travel consultations.
• Providing psychiatric medication consultations for the Talley Center for Counseling Services and individual students seeking our care.
• Providing a health and medical resource for the campus community.
• Providing one-on-one student healthcare counseling during the office clinical encounter.
• Supporting educational opportunities to encourage and promote the development of wellness, leadership, and citizenship skills for living healthy lives.”