New Pill Starts
At this time, we are unable to accept forms for New Pill Starts or perform Pill Restarts. If you would like a referral list or have any questions, please contact the Student Health Center at 540-654-1040. When this service becomes available, a new message will be posted, and the directions below may be followed.
You may get birth control pills without a female exam. For this, download the Women’s Health Clinic pre-visit questionnaire and follow the directions at the top. We will review the form to see if you are eligible and call to schedule an appointment once completed.
Annual Women’s Health Exam
ACOG (American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology) no longer recommends an annual PAP smear before the age of 21. You may schedule a routine annual women’s health examination with a nurse practitioner. This involves breast and pelvic exams, Pap smear, and Gonorrhea/Chlamydia screening. This exam is by appointment only.
If you are sexually active, we continue to recommend regular Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing.
CHARGES (will be billed to your student account or Eagle One card):
- Complete women’s health exam (PAP) $15
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea testing (urine or cervical swab) – one test/year no cost. Additional testing $15
- Birth control pills from Our Pharmacy. We carry various different birth control pills for $12 per pack. (Students wishing to purchase birth control through the Health Center Pharmacy must receive their care and exams through the Women’s Clinic).
- Emergency contraception and counseling, $35 fee
- Pregnancy testing and counseling, $5 fee
- Nurse visit for birth control, no cost
Other services include:
- Contraceptive counseling including abstinence support
- Evaluation of menstrual irregularities
- Other problems and concerns related to women’s health. Some problems may need referral to a specialist and we will be happy to assist you with that.