For UMW Students
Welcome to UMW! Student success is important to us in Campus Recreation, which is why we offer quality programs that can help students try new skills, cope with stress, build friendships, and build healthy habits. As a UMW student, you have access to the following Campus Recreation programs and services. Take advantage!
Gym Membership & Services
- Here’s a virtual tour of the gym if you want to check it out before you visit, although our staff is happy to provide a personal tour any time! Peek at our facility rules before you arrive.
- Open swimming hours in Goolrick Hall pool
- Pick-Up Games on basketball courts in Goolrick Hall
- Locker room and shower access in Goolrick Hall
- Towel services and Full-size Locker Rentals*
- Gym, sport, and outdoor equipment rentals at the front desk
- Guest Passes and Student Long Term Guest memberships are available to allow your non-UMW friends to exercise with you*
Sport & Fitness Programs
- Group Fitness Classes like Yoga and Cycle led on campus by our student and community instructors*
- On-Campus Intramural Sports against other UMW Eagles*
- Sport Clubs that practice, compete, and travel*
- Outdoor Trips in the local area led by our trained students*
- Personal Training*
- Jump Start Program for beginner exercisers*
Wellness Events & Programs
- Sign up for the Intro to Mindfulness & Meditation Course to spend a few weeks learning the practice of mindfulness*
- Take our free Group Fitness Instructor Prep Course if you’re interested in becoming a student fitness instructor!
- Student employment & internship opportunities (we’re a fun place to work, promise!)
- Special Events like Plogging with President Paino, Partner Yoga, Peace Love Mary Wash, and more!
*These programs may have additional costs.