The intramural sports program at UMW gives students the opportunity to compete against their peers in a friendly and structured environment. Whether you’re a competitive sports enthusiast or someone looking for a daily dose of recreational play, we have a game for you. Intramural sports are easy to join and easy to play. We emphasize spirited play, sportsmanship, and fun. All are welcome here – if you can play, you can play. Register to play today!
How Do IM Sports Work?
IM sports are all for fun and no experience is necessary. It only costs $25 for an annual pass or $15 for a semester-long pass. The IM pass grants you access to play unlimited intramural games for the duration of the pass. Typically, indoor sports are played in the Goolrick Hall Main Gym and outdoor sports are played on the Campus Rec turf field or beach volleyball court. We offer Co-Ed divisions for various sports that may be played as 4-6 week long leagues, or one-day tournaments. You can sign up on your own as a free agent and be placed on a team, or you can sign up with a group of people who you choose as your teammates.
1. Go to campusrec.umw.edu
2. Click “Log In” in the top right corner of the webpage.
3. Click the top button that says “Your Net ID and Password”
4. Enter your UMW username and current UMW password. As a UMW student, you already have a Campus Rec profile.
5. Once you’re logged in, on the home page, click the “Memberships and Passes” icon.
6. Select “Intramural Sports Pass” for the corresponding academic year
7. Follow the steps to make your payment. Please note that you WILL be taken to an external site to make your payment. You must submit your payment and continue moving through the steps until you see a Successful Payment Confirmation page.
How To Register for a Sport
To register for a sport, you must first have purchased your $25 or $15 Intramural Pass at campusrec.umw.edu or in person at the Fitness Center. It lasts for the entire school year, so get it early and take advantage!
Once you’ve purchased your $25 pass, it’s automatically added to your Campus Rec profile. There is no physical pass. The next step is to sign into IMLeagues.com using your UMW credentials and sign up for the specific sport(s) you want to play.
Step 1: Go to UMW’s IMLeagues page and click “Login” in the top right corner. (You already have a profile as a UMW student. There is no need to create an account.)
Step 2: It will take you to our Campus Rec registration site where you can
a) purchase your IM Pass if you haven’t purchased it yet, or
b) if you already have your IM pass, just click on the orange “IMLeagues” image you see on that page.
Step 3: Follow the small prompts you see, then you’re in! You can now register yourself or a team for any of the upcoming sports.
Contact our Intramural coordinator Caleb Thornhill if you have further issues.
IM Sports Schedule
Meet your IM Staff!
If you’re a UMW student interested in joining the Campus Recreation team, please visit careers.umw.edu to view our open positions.