UMW certified personal trainers create safe and customized fitness programs and provide you with the attention you deserve. If you’re looking for professional assistance in moving towards your fitness goals, then hiring a personal trainer is a step in the right direction! Now accepting clients!
Meet Our Trainers
ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Tristan is in the process of attaining his Psychology degree with a minor in Sports Management from UMW. Tristan himself has had a Personal Trainer since age 14 and has trained with some of the best in the world (including former Olympians!). Physical fitness and healthy living is a passion for him and it shows in how he works with his clients.
Tristan is an ACE – Certified Personal Trainer, a Muay Thai Kickboxing Coach, and a varsity member of UMW’s Track & Field team. His roots/DNA go back to the beginning of America as he is also a member of The Sons of the American Revolution.
Fun facts about Tristan: He attended John Champe High School in Aldie, VA where he participated in track and field, wrestling, and volleyball. He holds the school record in discus 150′ 10″, third in 3A state for discus his junior year, and forth in 4A state for discus his senior year.
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
Ramon is a student at UMW majoring in Business Administration. Ramon’s own fitness journey started in 2018 after he decided he wanted to make a change. He then decided to become a certified personal trainer because he is passionate about being active and living a healthy lifestyle. Ramon understands the desire to be healthier, and knows he can help you achieve your fitness goals!
NASM Certified Personal Trainer
Iliana is a student at UMW majoring in Psychology and minoring in business. She is from northern Virginia and is passionate about being in the gym and watching others improve. Iliana wants to know what your goals are so she can start to help you reach them!
If you are a UMW student and have a personal training certification, please apply at careers.umw.edu under Student Employment.
UMW Affiliate $15
Community Member $20
This is a 30 minute meeting with a personal trainer to take your body measurements, analyze body mass index and percentage of body fat, test cardiovascular fitness, resting vitals, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility. Fitness Assessments are not included in training session packages. If you would like these services, a Fitness Assessment must be purchased. While this is not required, it is highly recommended when registering for a training session package.
The benefit of a Fitness Assessment is that it defines your fitness level at the time of testing, serving as a great tool for measuring progress.
Training Session Packages
Each training session lasts up to 45 minutes. Prior to your first training session, you will be asked to complete forms about your health goals, current health habits, physical activity readiness, and health history. Your first training session will include a brief discussion about your goals, habits, and health history, as well as a workout prepared by your trainer based on your responses to the pre-training session paperwork.
Please note: your first training session does not include a full fitness assessment. Fitness Assessments must be purchased in addition to a personal training package if you would like the services outlined in the Fitness Assessment description above.
Starter Pack: 3 Training Sessions
UMW Affiliate $75
Community Member $95
Value Pack: 10 Training Sessions
UMW Affiliate $230
Community Member $280
Follow-up Session: 1 training session
UMW Affiliate $30
Community Member $35
(Available to returning clients only)
How To Register for Personal Training
1. Go to campusrec.umw.edu
2. Click “Log In” in the top right corner of the webpage.
3. If you are a UMW student, faculty, or staff member, click the BLUE button that says “Sign in with UMW Net ID and Password” and enter your UMW username and current UMW password.
— If you do not fall into the above categories, log in with your Campus Rec username and password in the white boxes. If you experience issues or don’t currently have an account set up with UMW Campus Rec, please email email@example.com
4. Once you’re logged in, on the home page, click the “Personal Training” icon.
5. Select the training package of your choice.
6. Follow the steps to make your payment. Please note that you WILL be taken to an external site to make your payment. You must submit your payment and continue moving through the steps until you see a Successful Payment Confirmation page.
If you have issues or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Training Policies
– Any current student, faculty/staff, Alumni, or secondary cardholder with a valid Campus Recreation membership is eligible to hire a personal trainer.
– All training sessions will be a maximum of 45 minutes in length. Fitness Assessments will be a maximum of 30 minutes in length.
– Clients must wear closed toe athletic shoes, athletic clothing, and bring a water bottle.
– Personal Training sessions are not guaranteed during university sanctioned holidays, such as Fall and Thanksgiving Break, and other university closings.
– Clients will be assigned a personal trainer within 72 hours of completing payment (either via credit card online or cash in person at the UMW Fitness Center between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday). The assigned trainer will contact the client at the e-mail address provided in the registration form to schedule a time to meet for the first session.
– Clients are to register for their desired training package on the Campus Recreation website and pay via credit card online or in cash at the UMW Fitness Center front desk (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm). All personal training fees must be paid in full prior to starting training sessions. Trainers may not accept any direct or additional payment for their services.
– In the event that the client needs to cancel a training session, the client must contact the trainer 24 hours in advance for that session to be rescheduled. The same applies if a trainer must cancel a training session. There are no penalties if cancellations are made at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to show up to a scheduled appointment without 24 hours notice, or tardiness of 15 minutes or more will result in forfeiture of one training session. Sessions that start late will still end at the scheduled ending time.
– All training sessions must be completed no later than June 30 of the academic year in which it was purchased (i.e., if you purchase a package on January 5th, 2017, it must be used before June 30, 2017). After June 30, any unredeemed training sessions will be expired and therefore not redeemable.
– Clients are eligible to receive a refund for any unused sessions only if a doctor-signed medical note is provided to the personal trainer requesting that the client does not participate in physical activity due to injury or illness.
– If you are looking for nutrition-related services, please seek out a dietitian or nutritionist as nutrition advice is not necessarily in the personal trainer’s scope of practice.
– As stated in the Facility Policies, no personal business, such as personal training, should be conducted in the facility. Campus Recreation personal trainers are the only individuals authorized to train in this facility for an exchange of goods.
If you’d like to speak with someone in Campus Recreation, please email email@example.com or call 540-654-1732 during business hours.