Campus Recreation offers fitness programs exclusively for UMW employees. Each fitness program is 5 weeks long. Can’t make a few of the workouts? That’s okay! There’s no penalty for missing a few classes. We understand that it’s tough to commit to all 5 weeks. Just remember: some workouts are better than no workouts!
Group Strength Training
Group Strength Training is a circuit-based workout group led by an NSCA certified personal trainer and Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach. This training program will work through strength movements to improve function and mobility. Your trainer will provide the group with great attention to detail on form and technique. You can expect to perform full body movements on the mat, TRX straps, and using dumbbells. This class requires 4 registrations in order to run.
$125 per 5-week session
UMW Fitness Center Strength Floor
The lunchtime yoga class is a gentle, relaxing yoga class designed to give faculty and staff head space during busy workdays, as well as the energy needed to finish the day strong. Mats, blocks, straps, and instruction are provided.
$30 per 5-week session
Mondays & Fridays, 12:00-12:50pm
Goolrick Studio 5
Yogalates is a fusion class of a yoga practice with Pilates moves. Enjoy a low impact flexibility and core strengthening workout where you will feel challenged, but not leave drenched in sweat. These weekly workouts will stretch and strengthen your body to help you stay active during the work week.
$15 per 5-week session
Goolrick Studio 5
FREE WEEKS: Try any of the classes above for free from January 13-19 & March 9-15!
Spring 2020 Session 1
January 27 – February 28
Spring 2020 Session 2
March 16 – April 17
You can register and pay online or in person at the Fitness Center. If you register online, please log in using the button and your UMW credentials. Please note: online transactions incur a 2.75% processing fee.
*If you don’t register for the program but would like to attend a class or two, you may pay the drop-in rate of $5 per class at the Fitness Center front desk with EagleONE, cash, or credit card.
Mary Wash Moves
UMW Employee Walking Challenge
Brought to you by the President’s Council on Wellness, Campus Recreation and UMW Human Resources
Let’s show off how much Mary Wash Moves! Grab your walking shoes and get ready to rack up the steps this year with your UMW colleagues.
How It Works:
- Dates: October 1-31, 2019 | April 1-30, 2020 | July 1-31, 2020
- Teams: There are six teams and up to 25 people per team. You may sign up for your team by writing your name on the team color tab you choose on the official tracking document.
- How to win: Log your total steps walked each day in the official tracking document. The team color with the highest step average between all active team mates (anyone who logged any steps on any day during the challenge) by the end of the challenge wins!
- How to track your steps: Use a FitBit, Apple Watch, iPhone, or other step tracking device!
- Prize: A free lunch sponsored by Human Resources and a free fitness/wellness experience sponsored by Campus Recreation!
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.