The following information provides an overview and list of resources for students, parents, friends, faculty, and staff who are interested in learning more about sexual assault and intimate partner violence. Please visit the Office of Title IX for a detail list around definitions, policies, resources, etc. To learn more about the policy to understand your rights and expectations in our community, please review the Policy on Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Other Form of Interpersonal Violence (Prohibited Conduct Policy).
Here is a quick link to the definitions under the Prohibited Conduct Policy that include Sexual Assault and Intimate Partner Violence.
On Campus Resources:
- Title IX Coordinator, Tiffany W. Oldfield, J.D. is located in Fairfax House. The Title IX Coordinator can be reached at 540-654-5656 or email@example.com.
- Additional resources on campus can be located here
- Rappahannock Council Against Sexual Assault (RCASA) (540) 371-1666 provides individual and group counseling, outreach, and information for survivors, family and friends.
- Virginia Family Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-838-8238, available 24 hours
- Mary Washington Hospital is an essential contact if you have been sexually assaulted. Your health and medical safety should never be over looked. For general information dial (540) 741-1000
- Additional resources in the area can be located here
- Rape Abuse Incest National Network , includes a Hotline 1-800-656- HOPE
- The National Sexual Assault Online Hotline is a free, confidential, secure service that provides live help over the RAINN website.
- Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance
- Male Survivor- contains a discussion board and live chat room. Organization provides advocacy, research, education, and activism.
- Men Can Stop Rape, is a website and an international organization that mobilizes men to use their strength for creating cultures free from violence, especially men’s violence against women.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center, serves as the nation’s principle information and resource center regarding all aspects of sexual violence. It provides national leadership, consultation and technical assistance by generating and facilitating the development and flow of information on sexual violence intervention and prevention strategies.