UMW Community Activity Challenge
Brought to you by Campus Recreation
Let’s show off how much Mary Wash Moves! Get ready to amp up your activity with your UMW family.
How It Works:
- Dates: August 24 – September 24
- Registration: Closed.
- Teams: There are three teams: Devils, Goats, and Employees. FSEMs (Freshman Seminars) will also compete against one another, but their individual totals will be calculated into the Goats average.
- How to win: Log your total steps each day in the official tracking document that you will be sent within 2 business days of registering for the challenge. The team with the highest average by the end of the challenge wins! Are you getting miles on wheels (bike, rollerblades, wheelchair, skateboard, etc.) and not able to track steps? Track your distance! Then use the following calculation to estimate steps: 1 mile = 2,000 steps.
- How to track your numbers: Use a FitBit, Apple Watch, smart phone built-in tracker, waistband pedometer, or another tracking device! Then, add your totals to our shared Google Sheets. If you need the sheet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prize: Bragging rights and the sweet feeling of victory! The FSEM with the highest average will win a UMW wellness kit (shirt, yoga mat, and free Fitness Pass for 2020-2021)!
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com.