Our certified personal trainers create safe and customized fitness programs and provide you with the attention you deserve. If you’re looking for professional assistance in moving towards your fitness goals, then hiring a personal trainer is a step in the right direction! For your reference to the pricing categories, a UMW member is a current student, faculty, staff, secondary cardholder, alumni member, or alumni +1 member. A non-member is all others who do not fit into these previously stated categories. Questions? Email Campus Rec at email@example.com.
UMW Member $15
This is a 30 minute meeting with a personal trainer to take your body measurements, analyze body mass index and percentage of body fat, test cardiovascular fitness, resting vitals, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility. Fitness Assessments are not included in training session packages. If you would like these services, a $15 Fitness Assessment must be purchased. While this is not required, it is highly recommended when registering for a training session package. The benefit of a Fitness Assessment is that it defines your fitness level at the time of testing, serving as a great tool for measuring progress.
Training Session Packages
Each training session lasts up to 45 minutes. Prior to your first training session, you will be asked to complete forms about your health goals, current health habits, physical activity readiness, and health history. Your first training session will include a brief discussion about your goals, habits, and health history, as well as a workout prepared by your trainer based on your responses to the pre-training session paperwork.
Please note: your first training session does not include a full fitness assessment. Fitness Assessments must be purchased in addition to a personal training package if you would like the services outlined in the Fitness Assessment description above.
Starter Pack: 3 Training Sessions
UMW Member $75
Value Pack: 10 Training Sessions
UMW Member $230
Follow-up Session: 1 training session
UMW Member $30
(Available to returning clients only)
Personal Training Policies
- Any current student, faculty/staff, Alumni, or secondary cardholder with a valid Campus Recreation membership is eligible to hire a personal trainer.
– All training sessions will be a maximum of 45 minutes in length. Fitness Assessments will be a maximum of 30 minutes in length.
– Clients must wear closed toe athletic shoes, athletic clothing, and bring a water bottle.
– Personal Training sessions are not guaranteed during university sanctioned holidays, such as Fall and Thanksgiving Break, and other university closings.
– Clients will be assigned a personal trainer within 72 hours of completing payment (either via credit card online or cash in person at the UMW Fitness Center between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday). The assigned trainer will contact the client at the e-mail address provided in the registration form to schedule a time to meet for the first session.
– Clients are to register for their desired training package on the Campus Recreation website and pay via credit card online or in cash at the UMW Fitness Center front desk (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm). All personal training fees must be paid in full prior to starting training sessions. Trainers may not accept any direct or additional payment for their services.
– In the event that the client needs to cancel a training session, the client must contact the trainer 24 hours in advance for that session to be rescheduled. The same applies if a trainer must cancel a training session. There are no penalties if cancellations are made at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to show up to a scheduled appointment without 24 hours notice, or tardiness of 15 minutes or more will result in forfeiture of one training session. Sessions that start late will still end at the scheduled ending time.
– All training sessions must be completed no later than June 30 of the academic year in which it was purchased (i.e., if you purchase a package on January 5th, 2017, it must be used before June 30, 2017). After June 30, any unredeemed training sessions will be expired and therefore not redeemable.
– Clients are eligible to receive a refund for any unused sessions only if a doctor-signed medical note is provided to the personal trainer requesting that the client does not participate in physical activity due to injury or illness.
– If you are looking for nutrition-related services, please seek out a dietitian or nutritionist as nutrition advice is not necessarily in the personal trainer’s scope of practice.