Want to go track your event or meeting attendance without using an old-fashioned clipboard and check-in sheet? Through the use of myUMW, student organizations can now have participants electronically sign-in to their events using a card-swipe.
Benefits of the card-swipe system:
- Export attendee data in a clean clear Excel-compatible format. No more relying on hand-typing in names, or attempting to decipher handwriting
- Monitor attendance in real-time, from anywhere on campus
- Exported data includes student’s name, check-in time, and e-mail address
Check out this article to read about the 5 Reasons to Track Attendance!
To reserve a card-swipe machine, complete a “Event Registration” request form through myUMW and be sure to note how many mobile card swipers you will need for your event when you reach that question. Only portal administrators will have access to complete and submit this form. If you have questions about this, please email email@example.com.
Instructions on how to track event attendance:
- To track attendance via the mobile card swiper, you’ll first want to download the “Presence Checkpoint” app on your phone
- When it prompts you to log in, select “Pin Login”
- Find the 4-digit pin number at the top of your event page
- If you’re in your “Admin Dashboard” on myUMW, click on “Manage” then “Events” and you can search for your event there
- Type the pin into the Checkpoint app
- You can either check people in manually (typing in their name) or swiping their Eagle One ID using a mobile card swiper
- You can also check students in on your laptop:
- When you find the event through your Admin Dashboard, click on the “Attendees” tab
- You will either see a button that says “Add Attendees” or “Email Attendees” depending on if you have added participants to the event yet
- If you see the “Email Attendees” button, click on the small arrow on the right side of the button, and select “Add attendees”