Attendance Tracking with myUMW
Want to go track your event or meeting attendance without using an old-fashioned clipboard and check-in sheet? Through the use of myUMW, student organizations can now have participants electronically sign-in to their events using a card-swipe.
Benefits of the card-swipe system:
- Export attendee data in a clean clear Excel-compatible format. No more relying on hand-typing in names, or attempting to decipher handwriting
- Monitor attendance in real-time, from anywhere on campus
- Exported data includes student’s name, check-in time, and e-mail address
To reserve a card-swipe machine, complete a “Event Registration” request form through myUMW and be sure to note how many mobile card swipers you will need for your event when you reach that question. Only portal administrators will have access to complete and submit this form. If you have questions about this, please email email@example.com.
Instructions on how to track event attendance:
- To track attendance via your phone, you’ll first want to download the “Presence” app and select University of Mary Washingont
- Log into your myUMW profile
- Select the menu ico on the left and click on “Collect Attendance”
- Find your event and click on the icon on the right to take attendance
- You can either check people in manually (typing in their banner # or email) or swiping their Eagle One ID using a mobile card swiper
- You can also check students in on your laptop:
- When you find the event through your Admin Dashboard, click on the “Attendees” tab
- You will either see a button that says “Add Attendees” or “Email Attendees” depending on if you have added participants to the event yet
- If you see the “Email Attendees” button, click on the small arrow on the right side of the button, and select “Add attendees”
- If your event is outside and you don’t have great access to internet, you can swipe attendees directly into an Excel spreadsheet or Google sheet and then upload the attendance data later. SAE is happy to help with this if you just email firstname.lastname@example.org your attendance spreadsheet after the event with the name and date of the event.
If you find that you don’t have access to an event on your club’s portal, please email email@example.com to request administrative access to that portal.