All SAE student organizations are required to follow the below guidelines:
- If the trip is within a 200-mile radius and within Virginia, Maryland or DC, no chaperone is needed.
- Trips outside of the 200-mile radius require approval by the Office of Student Activities and Engagement (SAE).
- A travel and trip plan, a roster of all students traveling (including emergency contact information), and supporting documentation is required in order to travel. This information should be submitted to SAE through two forms:
- one club member should fill out the SAE Club Travel Request Form
- All overnight trips require approval – with SAE having the right to request a mandatory chaperone.
- All student trips without a chaperone should identify a faculty or staff member who will be a point of contact for them during their trip.
- All UMW students on a trip are expected to abide by the behavior expectations outlined in UMW’s Student Handbook and the Student Organization Handbook
- University recommends limited driving from midnight to 5 am.
- Student driving shifts should be no longer than 3.5 hours.
If you or someone in your club is interested reserving a university vehicle, there are a few things you need to do:
- Learn more about the Van Familiarization Class here
- Sign up for a Van Familiarization Class here
- Read about and request a university van here
- Once you have completed the form, submit it to SAE for the Director’s signature
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tip: vans for the fall semester can be reserved starting July 1st and for the spring semester, December 1st
Additional questions may be directed to email@example.com