What is included?
– Fitness Center & Goolrick Hall Access. Take a virtual tour of the Fitness Center and Goolrick Hall to see all that these facilities have to offer!
Please note: As we are a student focused facility, hours will be limited during academic breaks and throughout the summer.
– Ability to purchase programs such as Swim Lessons, Personal Training Sessions, and a Group Fitness pass.
Who is eligible?
Members of the Fredericksburg community who are 18 years and older, including local residents, Germanna students, faculty and staff, and Mary Washington Healthcare staff.
12 Month Membership – $200
*Lasts for 12 months from date of purchase.
Semester Membership – $100
*Lasts for 1 academic semester.
30 Day Membership – $40
*Lasts for 30 days from date of purchase.
Summer Membership – $50
*Valid May until August.
How to purchase your membership
To purchase or renew a paid membership, you need to have a profile in our new online member portal. To create your profile on your own, please follow these instructions:
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu
- Click “Sign Up” in the top right corner
- Complete the fields in the questionnaire then click “Register”.
- IMPORTANT STEP: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating, “Hello. My name is (first name) (last name). I just created a new community member profile online using (email address) and (username).”
Someone on our staff has to manually mark your profile as a Community Member, and after this is done, you will receive an email stating that your profile is approved to make purchases online.
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu again and “Log In” using the appropriate username and password you set during registration
- From the home page, click on the “Memberships & Passes” button
- Click on the pass you would like to purchase
- Follow the steps to checkout, which includes visiting an external site that processes your payment
- Once your payment is successfully submitted, you should see a confirmation page
- Upon your next visit to the Fitness Center, inform the staff that you have purchased a community membership and you need your Fitness Center Member ID card. They can print you one at the front desk, they will just need to take your picture first.
Once you have a profile, please follow these steps to get your membership:
You may also visit us in person at the Fitness Center to create your profile and purchase your membership using cash, check, or credit card. If you have further questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Important Registration Notes
1. NO refunds will be allowed except for medical reasons. Medical documentation will be required to receive the refund. Refunds must be requested during the life of the membership and will be granted on a pro-rated basis.
2. In order to best serve the University of Mary Washington, the memberships are only available for alumni and one long-term guest who is 18 years or older.
3. Campus Rec would prefer to see a University Alumni ID card to verify your alumni status upon purchase of your membership in person. To apply for your Alumni EagleOne ID card with the university, please visit this link. A one-time, $10 processing fee is required to obtain an ID card from the alumni office.
4. Members will receive a printed ID card specifically for the Fitness Center upon their first visit at the Fitness Center. That card will be required to access the Fitness Center.
5. Community members may bring short term guests at $5 per day as long as that guest is 18 years or older.