Campus Recreation values the Mary Washington community, which is why we offer memberships to UMW alumni and their Long Term Guests. Take advantage of the opportunity to stay involved with the community and be a part of all of the wonderful changes happening in the Fitness Center and within Campus Recreation. Questions? Email Campus Rec at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, click on the buttons below!
Creating A Member Profile
To purchase a membership, you must have a profile in our member portal. To create a new member profile, please complete this form:
Purchasing A Membership
First, you must have a profile in our member portal. If you do not have an existing profile, please follow the instructions under the “Creating A Member Profile” tab.
Once you have a profile, please follow these steps to purchase your membership:
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu and log in to your account using the username and password you received after your profile was created.
- From the home page, click on the “Memberships & Passes” button.
- Click on the membership/pass you would like to purchase.
- Follow the steps to checkout, which includes visiting an external site that processes your payment.
- Once your payment is successfully submitted, you should receive a successful transaction page and confirmation emails.
- Upon your next visit to the Fitness Center, inform the staff that you have purchased a membership and you need a Fitness Center member ID card (if you don’t already have an EagleONE ID). If you are an alumni, secondary cardholder, or retiree with a UMW-issued ID card, please bring that with you and the staff member will assign that card to your member profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my child get a membership to the Fitness Center?
A. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to exercise in the Fitness Center, but can participate in open recreation swim or basketball if accompanied by their parent/sponsor. Children ages 16-17 must have an active membership and must be accompanied by their sponsor who has an active membership while they are in the Fitness Center and Goolrick. Children 18 years and older must have an active membership and can visit the Fitness Center without their parent/sponsor.
Q. Can I attend fitness classes with my membership?
A. Fitness classes are not included in our memberships, but they are available for $10. If you wish to try a fitness class one time, there is a $5 drop-in fee that can be paid at the front desk.
Q. Do I get a locker and towel service with my membership?
A. Half size lockers are available in the hallway and locker rooms at no additional cost. Full size lockers and towel service are available for purchase. For more information on our locker and towel services, visit our facility webpage.
Q. How does parking work?
A. Overnight and frequent visitors need a UMW parking permit. Visitor passes can be obtained at the Parking Management office in Lee Hall 201B, the University Police Department in Brent Hall, and the Eagle Landing front desk. Vehicle information will be required. Additionally, all on campus parking lots are available for parking during evening events on campus. This information was taken from the UMW Parking web page.
Q. Why do you have limited hours on breaks and during the summer?
A. The UMW Fitness Center is a student-focused facility. During breaks, our primary users, the students, are not around to utilize or staff the facilities.
Q. What are the rules of the Fitness Center?
A. Check our all of our facility policies here!
If you’d like to speak with someone in Campus Recreation, please email email@example.com or call 540-654-1732 during business hours.