The Campus Recreation Field (CRF) is the second crown jewel facility for Campus Recreation and the University of Mary Washington community. The CRF is the home to many of our Eagle Sport Club programs and plays host to all outdoor Intramural Sports competitions on campus. The facility is also used for open recreation, campus special events, as well as some intercollegiate team training sessions. The state-of-the-art ATurf surface allows practices and competition to take place in virtually any type of weather, and the Musco Advanced Lighting system enables play to continue into the evening and in overcast conditions. The following facility serves as a host to various Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programming throughout the academic year.
The Campus Recreation Field complex includes all of the following:
- 1 full-size main field or 2 full-size recreational fields for Intramural and Sport Club use
- 2 Intramural, Club Softball and 1 Baseball diamond
- Portable spectator bleachers and Player benches
- Restroom and storage building
The Campus Recreation Field is a secure facility and can be reserved for group use through the Department of Campus Recreation. To reserve the facility please follow the instructions listed below:
- We encourage you to check our “University Facilities Calendar” prior to submitting a request. “Campus Recreation” is the link designated for the Campus Recreation Field. Requests made during Campus Recreation programming will be declined or directed to a different space.
- Click on the “View Facility Calendar” icon below. Click on the “Reserve this Facility” icon.
- Click on “Sign in with your NET ID and Password” and log in with your UMW Net ID and Password.
- Once logged in, please verify that the Facility tab indicates “Campus Rec Field”
- Enter the prompted information accordingly. A “Group Name” must be submitted in order for a reservation to be confirmed. A “Group” is defined as a UMW student or fac/staff organization or department.
- Please enter the number of people expected to utilize the facility and select the date and time.
- In the comments section, please enter if you are looking for any accommodations from the Campus Recreation department.
The Campus Recreation Field is located on the Route 1 side of campus next to the parking garage located on Alvey Drive. Click here to see it on Google Maps.