Fall 2022: Workshop #1
Topic: Creating an inclusive environment workshop
Date: Thursday, September 8
Presenter: JoAnna Raucci
Description:Everyone wants to feel welcomed and valued in their respective community. A welcoming and inclusive community exists where all members feel heard, involved, supported and respected; there are opportunities for a positive, productive, and engaging environment for the open and respectful exchange of ideas, perspectives, and opinions; and all members are able to thrive, perform and contribute fully and successfully. This interactive workshop will explore the concept and benefits of inclusion within a community. Participants will gain the tools and strategies that are important to building an inclusive and engaging environment.
Spring 2022: Workshop #1
Topic: Resume and Cover Letter
Date: Wednesday, February 2
Presenter: Mary Becelia
Description: As job and internships applications season approaches, a Career Center Coach will join us to share resume writing tips and answer students’ questions. This workshop will focus on helping our students to polish their resume and cover letters as they are preparing to apply for internships and full time positions.
- Learn how to write or improve your current resume
- Learn how to market yourself and your skills to employers.
Fall 2021: Workshop #2
Topic: Safe Zone Training
Date: Thursday, November 11
Presenter: Desmone Logan
Description: 90 minute training geared toward students that focuses on terminology, increasing awareness and sensitivity, and how to be an ally for the LGBTQ+ community. Students who agree to be an ally at the end of the workshop will receive an ally button.
- Discuss the importance of Safe Zone.
- Investigate notions of biological sex, gender, and attraction.
- Discuss how you can be an ally or advocate.
- Provide resources for support and further education.
Fall 2021: Workshop #1
Topic: Financial Literacy
Date: Tuesday, October 19
Presenter: Dr. Graefe-Anderson.
Description: This workshop is designed to improve students’ understanding and applying of common financial concerns. Participants will have the opportunity to work with budgets, understand the value of savings, and get more in depth information into the world of loans and interest rates. It will be a positive environment that will aim in supporting the participants and setting them up for their future.
- Apply financial concepts to budget between personal expenses and necessities
- Understand the importance of saving by properly allocating between checking and savings accounts
- Interpret the process of applying for loans and pick the appropriate interest rates