Fall 2021: Workshop #1
Topic: Financial Literacy
Date: Tuesday, October 19
Presenter: Dr. Graefe-Anderson.
Description: This workshop is designed to improve students’ understanding and applying of common financial concerns. Participants will have the opportunity to work with budgets, understand the value of savings, and get more in depth information into the world of loans and interest rates. It will be a positive environment that will aim in supporting the participants and setting them up for their future.
- Apply financial concepts to budget between personal expenses and necessities
- Understand the importance of saving by properly allocating between checking and savings accounts
- Interpret the process of applying for loans and pick the appropriate interest rates
Fall 2021: Workshop #2
Topic: Safe Zone Training
Date: Thursday, November 11
Presenter: Desmone Logan
Description: 90 minute training geared toward students that focuses on terminology, increasing awareness and sensitivity, and how to be an ally for the LGBTQ+ community. Students who agree to be an ally at the end of the workshop will receive an ally button.
- Discuss the importance of Safe Zone.
- Investigate notions of biological sex, gender, and attraction.
- Discuss how you can be an ally or advocate.
- Provide resources for support and further education.