UMW provides a variety of conveniently located housing options for its busy students. The Office of Residence Life and Commuter Student Services is now accepting applications for the Spring 2016 term. Read below for more information about how to apply.
On campus housing AVAILABLE for January 2016.
Apply TODAY to secure your space.
Important Break Housing Information
All students wishing to live on campus MUST submit a:
- $250 Housing Deposit
- UMW Housing and Dining Services Agreement in Symplicity Residence
Assignments are made on a rolling basis beginning in early December. For more information about how to submit your housing deposit, the application, and timeline please see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Housing Deposit Information
Newly-admitted residential students must pay their housing deposit through the Office of Admissions.
All other students must pay the Office of Residence Life with a $250 check or money order (credit card payments not accepted) made out to UMW with the student’s Banner ID/Student ID number (this is the number beginning with “000”) in the memo line. It should be brought to Marye House or mailed to:
UMW Residence Life
Attn: Michelle Brooks
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Credit cards and EagleOne Cards may not be used to pay for the housing deposit. Arrangements may be made in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to bring exact cash to Marye House to pay for the housing deposit.
Note: The $250 housing deposit is held until the student departs campus housing. At that time, if there are no damages or other charges assessed on the student’s account, the Office of Student Accounts will later process a refund. Students who are approved to be released from their housing and dining services agreement forfeit their housing deposit. Students may not complete a housing application until a housing deposit is paid and processed.
Application Submission Instructions
- Log into Symplicity Residence. Select “Student” and then enter your UMW NetID and Password. If you receive an error message, before contacting the UMW IT Help Desk, try clearing your cache or trying another browser. You should have already received your log-in and password, but if you need that information, follow the directions listed on the UMW IT logins website.
- Following your successful log-in, click “Get Started” next to the Housing and Dining Services Agreement application. (If you do not see an application listed, email email@example.com to notify staff so they can assist you.) Note: an application will not become visible until a housing deposit is paid.
- Complete each prompt and submit your application. If you need to finish it later, click to “Save As Draft.”
Spring 2016 Housing Timeline
Wednesday, November 4
Housing and Dining Services Agreement application available (due Dec. 12 for early assignments process, but all received after this date will be guaranteed housing). Note: If you do not see an application for Spring Housing, contact Brittany Harper, Assistant Director of Housing and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, November 20
Application for housing accommodation due to the Office of Disability Resources (see URL: academics.umw.edu/disability/accommodations/housing-accommodations for more information).
Friday, November 20
Air Conditioning Accommodations request form due. Note: Eagle Landing has central air conditioning, so if you are hoping to live in Eagle Landing it is not necessary to submit this form.
Monday, December 14
Housing assignments will be made for anyone submitting their application by the priority deadline. Assignments will be made on a rolling basis after today.
Thursday, January 7 between 9:00am – 4:30pm
New students move in. Residents will pick up their key from the Eagle Landing desk.
Note: At 8:00pm there will be a mandatory meeting for all new residential students. The location of this meeting will be in your orientation schedule. See http://orientation.umw.edu for more information about the orientation program beginning with dinner at 5pm.
Sunday, January 10 9:00am – 5:00pm
Returning/continuing students move in (key-pick up at the Eagle Landing desk).
Spring 2016 Move-in Information
Thursday, January 7th- 9:00am-4:30pm – Keys will be picked up at Eagle Landing Front Desk
- Students will need a picture ID in order to pick up their key.
- Students will need their EagleOne card in order to access their residence hall. These will need to be obtained from the EagleOne card center located in Lee Hall on the first floor before 5pm.