The Fitness Center is closed today, March 4th due to adverse weather conditions. Please keep checking our website and the Facebook page for further updates.
Spring Break Hours:
Wednesday, March 5 = 3-6 PM, if the weather permits
Thursday, March 6 – Sunday, March 9 = Closed
Normal hours will resume Monday, March 10
Eagles – please see the position descriptions below and note the corresponding application deadlines if you are interested in student employment at UMW Campus Recreation.
IM Sports Program
The Department of Campus Recreation is seeking applicants for the IM Sports Official position to begin in the Fall of 2014. Students with sports officiating experience, customer service backgrounds, and time management skills are highly encouraged to apply. Submit your online application no later than Friday March 14th at http://students.umw.edu/recreation/student-employment-for-campus-recreation/ .
If you have questions about IM Sports positions contact Dan Gardner, Assistant Director of IM Sports and Sport Clubs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-654-1126.
Fitness Center Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri = 7 am – 9:30 pm
Saturday = 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday = 12 pm – 8 pm
Access to the fitness center will be allowed ONLY to individuals with a valid UMW ID. The list of individuals includes students, faculty, and staff. Spouces of faculty and staff members are allowed access into the facility upon obtaining a UMW ID.
- Guest access is limited from 6 pm on Thursday until closing and also extends from normal business hours on Friday until Sunday. All guests are required to have a form of identification and fill out a guest pass at the welcome desk prior to using the facility.
- The 2014 Spring Semester Group Exercise Schedule is now posted. Check it out and get excited!
- Regulation Prohibiting Weapons: Possession or carrying of any weapon by any person, except a police officer, is prohibited on university property in academic buildings, administrative office buildings, student residence buildings, dining facilities, or athletic facilities or while attending sporting, entertainment or educational events. Entry upon the aforementioned university property in violation of this prohibition is expressly forbidden. In addition to individuals authorized by university policy, University of Mary Washington police officers are lawfully in charge for the purposes of forbidding entry upon or remaining upon university property while possessing or carrying weapons in violation of this prohibition.
- Please reference the following: 8VAC55-10-10. Definitions; 8VAC55-10-20. Possession of weapons prohibited; 8VAC55-10-30. Personlawfully in charge.
- Reminder that there is a “No Street Shoe” protocol in place for the Goolrick Hall Dance Suites. If you are taking part in an exercise class that requires you to wear shoes, please make sure that you bring a clean pair of shoes with you. Do not wear the same shoes you wore to get to class for class. Thank you.
- Make sure to check us out on Facebook too! We are UMW Campus Recreation.
Make sure to sign up and register your participation at imleagues.com so you and your team can be part of the action.