Eligibility – Students eligible for employment must meet the following requirements…
- Full time matriculating student
- Must be available to work up to 10 hours per week
- Understand and comply with all Fitness Center rules and regulations
Responsibilities and requirements of employment…
- Attendance at all training sessions
- All student employees will be certified in first aid, CPR, and AED use
- Rendering first aid as needed to patrons and guests
- Monitoring facility use
- Maintaining a clean and organized facility
- Assisting patrons on exercise equipment use
- Monitoring safety of equipment use
- Encouraging compliance to all facility rules and policies
- Compliance to all scheduled work hours
- Awareness of general facility security
- Following directions of the Fitness Center Student Supervisors and Campus Recreation Directors
Employee Work Scheduling…
Work schedules will be determined by the Student Supervisors in consultation with the Fitness Center Director.
The work schedule will be prominently posted in the facility.
Student employees unable to comply with the posted work schedule must discuss their individual situation with the Student Supervisors.
Every opportunity will be made to maximize student employee hours with consideration of class schedules and study needs.
Compensation and benefits of employment…
The compensation rate is $7.25 per hour. Student supervisor compensation is the regular hourly rate plus $0.30 pending budget allocations.
All compensation and benefit information is available from the UMW Financial Aid Office – please contact Cynthia Fitch (email@example.com) , student employment coordinator.