Advertising Outlets on Campus:
- COAR Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages: Please email COAR (email@example.com) if you would like COAR to post about your program on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages. You can also create social media accounts for your program and use them to advertise.
- MyUMW: You may create events on COAR’s MyUMW page that will then be accessible to all students. This is also the way COAR tracks participation.
- Eagle Vision: This outlet is for advertising on the screens located in campus buildings, including academic buildings and residence halls. Here is a link to the page to submit a slide: http://umw.orcatv.com/
- SAE Newsletter: UMW’s Office of Student Activities and Engagement runs a weekly campus newsletter. The form to submit an event to the SAE Weekly News is found at this link.
- SAE Sandwich Boards: When you create your event in MyUMW, you may request sandwich boards from SAE. These are best for advertising large events.
- Flyers: You may post flyers on any bulletin board on campus as long as they are approved by SAE. Bring a few of your flyers into the SAE office to be stamped. In order to be approved, flyers must have contact information, place, time, and your group’s name.
Guides and Tools for Making Flyers and Eagle Vision Displays:
- Include Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
- Use a free design service like Canva to make graphics.
- Put your contact information at the bottom of the paper.
- Do not make flyer/display too crowded or busy.
- Write a snappy headline or title.
- Use colorful or striking graphics.
- Make your points easily identifiable.
- Proofread your writing.
- Use only relevant information.
- Make the font legible.
- Use the word ‘you’.