Current students, alumni members, and faculty/staff are able to sponsor a long-term guest to utilize the Fitness Center. For faculty and staff, they are called “secondary cardholders,” and for students and alumni they are called long term guests.
Faculty & Staff’s Secondary Cardholders
Each UMW faculty/staff member may request one “secondary ID” cardholder through the EagleONE ID office. The secondary cardholder obtains access to the Fitness Center at the same price that faculty and staff pay which, at this time, is free. Faculty/Staff and their intended secondary cardholder should visit the EagleONE ID office between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday to fill out a form to obtain the secondary ID card. Once the card is obtained and ID card printed, the secondary cardholder will be added to the Campus Rec member portal within 24 hours. The secondary cardholder EagleONE ID is required to enter the Fitness Center upon each visit.
All Other Long Term Guests
To purchase or renew a paid membership, you need to have a profile in our new online member portal. To create your profile, follow these instructions:
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu
- Click “Sign Up if you don’t have a local account.”
- Complete the fields in the questionnaire then click “Register”.
- IMPORTANT STEP: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating, “Hello. My name is (first name) (last name). I just created a new Long Term Guest profile online using (email address) and (username). My UMW sponsor is (first name) (last name).” Our staff have to manually mark your profile as a Student Long term Guest or Alumni Long Term Guest and after they do this, you will receive an email stating that your profile has been updated to make purchases online.
Once you have a profile, please follow these steps to get your membership:
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu again and log in to your account using the appropriate username and password you set during registration.
- From, the home page, click on the “Memberships & Passes” button.
- Click on the pass you would like to purchase.
- Follow the steps to checkout, which does include visiting an external site that processes your payment.
- Once your payment is successfully submitted, you should get a success and confirmation page.
- Upon your next visit to the Fitness Center, inform the staff that you have purchased a membership and you need your Fitness Center ID card. If you have received an EagleONE ID from the university (Secondary Cardholders), then that card can be applied to your profile. Otherwise, the Fitness Center staff can print you an ID card at the front desk, they will just need to take your picture, so come prepared!