Campus Recreation values the Mary Washington community, which is why we offer memberships to UMW alumni! Take advantage of your opportunity to stay involved with the community and be a part of all of the wonderful changes happening in the Fitness Center and within Campus Recreation. Questions? Email Campus Rec at email@example.com. To learn more, click on the buttons below!
Who is eligible?
Any person who graduated from the University of Mary Washington/Mary Washington College is eligible to purchase an Alumni Membership.
Each alumni has the option to sponsor a long-term guest who could also be a member the UMW Fitness Center. We call that guest a +1. A +1 must be 18 years or older.
What is included?
12 Month Membership – $150
*Lasts for 12 months from date of purchase.
Semester Membership – $60
*Lasts for 1 academic semester.
30 Day Membership – $20
*Lasts for 30 days from date of purchase.
Summer Membership – $15
*Valid May 16th until August 25, 2017.
How to purchase your membership
To purchase or renew a paid membership, you need to have a profile in our new online member portal. To create your profile, follow these instructions:
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu
- Click “Sign Up if you don’t have a local account.”
- Complete the fields in the questionnaire then click “Register”.
- IMPORTANT STEP: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating, “Hello. My name is (first name) (last name). I just created a new alumni profile online using (email address) and (username).” Our staff have to manually mark your profile as Alumni, and after they do this, you will receive an email stating that your profile is approved to make purchases online.
- Visit campusrec.umw.edu again and log in to your account using the appropriate username and password you set during registration.
- From, the home page, click on the “Memberships & Passes” button.
- Click on the pass you would like to purchase.
- Follow the steps to checkout, which does include visiting an external site that processes your payment.
- Once your payment is successfully submitted, you should get a success and confirmation page.
- Upon your next visit to the Fitness Center, inform the staff that you have purchased a membership and you need your Fitness Center Alumni ID card. They can print you one at the front desk, they will just need to take your picture.
Once you have a profile, please follow these steps to get your membership:
If you have further questions, please send them to email@example.com
If you are renewing your membership because it has expired, please also complete the form found at the top of the page. After completing the form and submitting your registration, on your confirmation page will be a link that leads you to the credit card payment site. If you plan to pay via credit card, please visit that link as soon as possible to complete your payment. If you plan to pay in person with cash or check, please disregard the credit card link and make your payment at the Fitness Center via cash or check as soon as possible.
Free One Week Trial
If you would like a one week free trial at the Fitness Center before purchasing a membership, please e-mail Campus Rec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Registration Notes
1. NO refunds will be allowed except for medical reasons. Medical documentation will be required to receive the refund. Refunds must be requested during the life of the membership and will be granted on a pro-rated basis.
2. In order to best serve the University of Mary Washington, the memberships are only available for alumni and one long-term +1 guest who is 18 years or older.
3. If you happened to accidentally close out of the registration form before completing your online payment please email email@example.com for the link.
4. Campus Rec would prefer to see a University Alumni ID card to verify your alumni status upon purchase of your membership in person. To apply for your Alumni EagleOne ID card with the university, please visit this link. A one-time, $10 processing fee is required to obtain an ID card from the alumni office.
5. Alumni who purchase a membership will receive a printed ID card specifically for the Fitness Center upon their first visit at the Fitness Center. That card will be required to access the Fitness Center.
6. Alumni who want to bring guests for $5 a day must have that guest bring a photo ID.