Informal Recreation is the voluntary and unstructured participation in various recreational activities. Your EagleONE ID is required to participate in informal recreation.
Informal Rec can take place in several different facilities on the UMW campus. The facilities managed by Campus Recreation include the Fitness Center, the Campus Recreation field, and the Beach Volleyball Courts. The facilities managed by UMW Athletics include Goolrick Hall (basketball courts and pool), the Anderson Center, and the Hanover Recreation Field.
Informal Recreation offerings in the Fitness Center
- Strength training
- Flexibility training
- Cardiovascular training
- Equipment rentals
Just bring your EagleONE ID and ask a staff member at the front desk to exchange it for a:
- Basketball (men’s or women’s)
- Volleyball (indoor or outdoor)
- Lifting Belt (Small, Medium, Large, Leather & Synthetic)
- Belt with Chain for Weighted Tricep Dips
- Ankle Cuff for Cable Machine Leg Exercises
Informal Recreation offerings in Goolrick
- Pick-up basketball
- Swimming in the Goolrick pool during open swim hours
- Showering or changing in the locker rooms
If you would like a free orientation to the equipment at the Fitness Center, please e-mail Brittanie Haas at email@example.com to get a 15 minute meeting set up!