Goolrick Hall is attached to the Fitness Center and the Anderson Center. Campus Recreation manages the Fitness Center and collaborates with UMW Athletics to utilize Goolrick Hall and its spaces. Various types of Intramural Sports and multiple Sport Clubs utilize these spaces for programming purposes. View the slideshow above and click below to see and learn all of the different spaces available in Goolrick Hall.
Goolrick and AUX Gym Basketball Courts
Play pick-up basketball in Goolrick Hall during open hours. Please bring your EagleONE ID if you plan to pass through the Fitness Center or rent a basketball from the Fitness Center front desk.
Goolrick Hall has a Main Gym and an Auxilary Gym that both contain basketball courts. These spaces are available for recreational use when not being used for physical education classes, intercollegiate and sport club practices and competitions, exercise classes, intramural games, or other scheduled events.
To reserve the Goolrick Basketball Courts please follow the instructions listed below:
1. Check out the “University Facilities WebEvent” prior to submitting a request. “Gyms” is the link designated for Goolrick Hall. Requests will only be accepted in the time slots designated as “Campus Recreation and Intramural Sports MG/AUX”.
2. Click on the “View Facility Calendar” icon below to know what time programming occurs in these spaces.
3. Click on the “Reserve this Facility” icon to submit a reservation. Click on the blue button that says “Sign in with your NET ID and Password” and log in with your UMW information.
4. Once logged in, please verify that the Facility drop-down indicates “Goolrick Hall, Main Courts 1 and 2″.
5. Enter the prompted information accordingly. A “Group Name” must be submitted in order for a reservation to be confirmed. A “Group” is defined as a UMW student, faculty, or staff member who are a part of an organization or department. (Campus Recreation will not accept reservations if a Group Name is not submitted)
6. Enter the number of people expected to utilize the facility and select the date and time.
7. In the comments section, please list any accommodations needed from Campus Recreation.
Note: When reserving the AUX gym, please make sure that the Facility dropdown is highlighted as “Aux Gym”
To reserve this facilities at times not designated as “Campus Recreation” on WebEvent, please contact Rodrick Wood, Director of Athletic Facilities
Goolrick Dance Studios 4 & 5
The dance studios in Goolrick Hall are managed by the UMW Theater and Dance department. These studios are where you will find most group fitness classes offered by Campus Recreation.
If you would like to make a reservation in these studios, please contact Gregg Stull at email@example.com.
If you’re attending a group fitness class in either of the dance studios, please do not wear the same shoes in the studio as you wore outside. All shoes must be clean of dirt and debris. We thank you for following the “No Street Shoe” rule!
Fitness Center Hours
Closed May 5-20 for repairs, cleaning, maintenance, and pool construction.
Effective May 21 – June 22
Monday: 11am-2pm, 4pm-7pm
Tuesday: 11am-2pm, 4pm-7pm
Wednesday: 11am-2pm, 4pm-7pm
Thursday: 11am-2pm, 4pm-7pm
Friday: 11am-2pm, 4pm-7pm
*Closed Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day
Hours for the second summer academic session (June 25-July 26) will be evaluated and posted mid-June.
Pool Rec Swim Hours
The following schedule is effective February 8 – April 27, 2018:
Mondays: 12pm-2pm & 7pm-9pm
Tuesdays: 11am-1pm & 7pm-9pm
Wednesdays: 12pm-2pm, 3:30pm-5:30pm
Thursdays: 11am-1pm & 7pm-9pm
Summer Pool Closure
After April 27, the pool is closed for the summer for necessary repairs. Check back in August for when it will re-open!
Closings & Adjusted Hours
Summer Pool Closure
The last open day for the pool in spring 2018 will be April 27. After that, the pool is closed for the summer for necessary repairs. Check back in August for when it will re-open!
Goolrick Hall Hours
Academic Year Hours
Monday – Friday: 8am-9:30pm
Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Any comments or concerns regarding the facility must be directed to Rodrick Wood, Director of Facilities.